Monday, July 28, 2014

Draw Your Life.


Today I marathon watched a TON of Jenna Marbles videos, because you know, she's awesome and I haven't actually watched any of her videos in like forever. I came across this one. It was really cute at first. She kept going back to this reoccurring feeling of "Sad Jenna" and not knowing what to do with her. The more I kept watching, the more I realized I could relate. I don't know what I'm doing....

My plan had been to graduate college at 21 and be in a Ph. D. program by now....but that didn't happen. Life got in the way. And here I am at 23 and I've finally finished my bachelors and I'll be working on a Master's really soon.

I moved to Houston because I thought this is where I wanted to be. But now I don't think it is....I want to see more of the world. Live somewhere outside of Texas for awhile.

I quit my job recently so I could focus on doing something more closely related to my master's degree, which is in French. But where the eff am I going to work in Houston and speak French?

I don't know where I am heading. And neither did Jenna Marbles when she made this video, and now look at her. She's pretty popular. I think the whole Youtube thing worked out for her. She just kept doing what she loved because it made her happy.

There was one part of the video that really spoke to me. "You have to be confused in life in order to grow". So maybe I'm confused and I don't know where I am going, but maybe that means I'm on the right track. Maybe I'll have more things figured out as time goes on. Or maybe not, at least I'm growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird